With 4.5 million dog bites that occur in the United States each year, many of these result in a legal matter. Extensive medical bills, serious injury, loss of life, and various other factors are the reasons why people need a dog bite attorney to defend their case. We have successfully handled hundreds of claims on behalf of our clients. Our lawyers are well trained to protect the rights of our dog bite victims and understand the laws and regulations involved in such a case.
The first step is to conduct a full investigation and establish liability. The next step is to determine whether insurance coverage applies. You must contact an attorney immediately if a dog bites you or someone you love. Call us today to find out how we can assist you.
Common Injuries From a Dog Bite
Dog bite injuries can range from minor to very serious. The victim will usually suffer an element of emotional trauma as well as physical injuries.
We can assist you if you have suffered from:
- Puncture wounds
- Broken bones
- Rabies and other infections
- Neck and back injuries
- Emotional trauma
It is essential to seek medical attention immediately to assess the severity of your injuries. Contact a dog bite attorney near me as soon as possible.
What To Do After a Dog Bite
You must seek medical treatment as soon as possible, so all injuries are documented and treated. Follow these steps to ensure that you will be fully covered after the attack:
- Speak to the owner and inform them of exactly what happened. If the owner is present at the scene of the attack, remain calm and don’t raise your voice or attack the dog owner in any way.
- Seek medical attention. Contact your nearest doctor or hospital to treat and document all known injuries. You will also need to be tested for rabies and treated if necessary.
- Call animal control and inform them of the attack. They will be able to tell you if the dog has a history of attacks in the past.
- Keep a detailed record of everything. Take photographs and keep copies of all medical reports.
- Contact a dog attack lawyer as soon as possible. Call us for a no-obligation free consultation, and we can assist you and inform you of your legal options.
Benefits Of Hiring a Dog Bite Attorney Near Me
If you have experienced a dog bite attack, then you deserve to be compensated. You, as the victim, should not be left out of pocket and counting the cost of medical bills and other related expenses. The dog owner should be held liable for all injuries, damages, and losses the victim experiences.
A Dog bite injury lawyer can assist you in seeking compensation for the following:
- Medical expenses
- Hospital and surgery costs
- Lost wages
- Permanent disfigurement or disabilities
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
We know the laws and are in your corner to ensure that you receive compensation.
Other benefits include:
- We have extensive knowledge of dog bite laws
- Negotiation skills and years of experience in the field
- Professional expertise and advice you can trust
- Access to valuable resources and investigation resources
- A personal advocate that is on your side
Tips For Choosing A Dog Bite Lawyers
Dog bite laws vary from state to state, so it’s essential to find the best dog bite that is well versed in the laws of your state. The lawyer should ideally have extensive experience in dog bite cases and a proven track record of winning the cases they represent.
In addition, they should:
- Evaluate the extent of your injuries
- Provide you with the best settlement
- Treat you for post-traumatic stress disorder
- Well rated by professional organizations and others in the same field
- Works on a contingency basis
Dog Bite Injury Claims
According to studies, more than 4.5 million people are attacked by dogs in the U.S every year. From 2005 – 2016, 392 people were killed in dog bite attacks. Out of the 4.5 million bites that happen 8–,000 require medical attention. So how much should you expect to receive in the settlement? That is a difficult question to answer.
On average, dog bite settlements are worth somewhere in the neighborhood of $30 000 to $50 000. The less severe the injury, the less money you will be awarded. At the very least, the dog bite lawsuit should cover all your medical expenses. If the injuries you receive are minor, the owner may try to get away with paying you less. That’s where hiring a dog bite lawyer will come in handy. We know the laws and how much compensation you are entitled to.
The best part is that we won’t charge you anything unless your claim is successful. The amount you will be awarded will depend on your specific state laws and the extent of your injuries.
Search for the best dog bite attorney or dog bite lawyers to compare and find the best solution for your dog bite case. Many dogs bite law firms, dog bite attorneys, and dog attack lawyers are available, so it’s important to research to find the perfect one to represent you and your case.
Key factors that influence compensation:
- Visible injuries. Deep scars that can be seen quickly and leave a lasting impression will result in higher compensation.
- Disabling injuries that affect your ability to work or live an everyday life
- Brain injuries.
- Injuries that result in hospitalization
You may be found liable if:
- You were tormenting or teasing the dog
- On the owner’s property without consent
- Abusing the animal
In many cases, the dog owner might dispute who is to blame for the attack. An excellent dog bite attorney can establish liability and help you get the compensation you need and deserve.
Contact Dog Bite Attorneys At The Jones Firm
If you or someone you love experienced a dog attack, contact a dog bite law firm for a no-obligation-free quote so we can help you get what you deserve. You shouldn’t need to suffer for something that isn’t your fault.
Find a dog bite lawyer near me; contact us today to see how we can be of assistance.
Services We Offer:
- Personal Injury Lawyer
- Truck Accidents Lawyer
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Construction Accidents Lawyer
- Highway Design Defects Lawyer
- Car Accident Lawyer
- Traffic Lawyer
- Brain Injury Lawyer
- Pedestrian Accidents Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Lawyer
- Bicycle Accidents Lawyer
- Paralysis Lawyer
- Bellevue Burn Injury Lawyer