The third most common cause of death in the US is medical malpractice. Misdiagnosis results in 80,000 to 100,000 deaths each year in the US. Every year, healthcare errors cause 195,000 patient deaths.
Even people who are attempting to assist us with our health make mistakes because we are all only human. These mistakes may, however, have significant repercussions given the nature of healthcare services. Medical malpractice and medical negligence are two distinct concepts.
If a healthcare provider makes a mistake that results in harm or death, this may be considered medical malpractice or medical negligence. These are essentially related concepts.
Nevertheless, the reason for the difference is frequently the healthcare professional’s intention or consciousness. Medical personnel shouldn’t intentionally hurt patients, but if they do so and are aware of the consequences before doing so, it may be deemed medical malpractice. They most likely went over the line because they didn’t adhere to the right processes or guidelines.
With minimal evidence of medical negligence, doctors prevail in 80 to 90 percent of jury trials; in instances that are on edge, they prevail in around 70 percent of cases; and in circumstances where there is strong proof of medical carelessness, they prevail in even 50 percent of jury trials.
Due to the costly nature of such lawsuits and the complexity thereof, you are advised to contact the best medical malpractice lawyers near you, like The Jones Firm, who will have the expertise to assist you with your case.
Common Types of Medical Practice
- Solo Practice
- Group Practices
- Employed Physician Practices
- Direct Primary Care
- Independent Contractor
- Locum Tenens
Medical Malpractice Injuries and Causes
Paralysis Injury can be caused by either a spinal cord injury or traumatic brain injury.
Spinal cord injury
Damage to the spinal cord or nerves at the cauda equina (base of the spine canal) might permanently alter the strength, sensibility, and other bodily functions below the affected area.
- Anesthesia errors
- Surgery errors
- Emergency room mistakes
- Chiropractic Malpractice
- Failure to diagnose spinal cord impingement or abscess
Traumatic Brain Injury
It is heartbreaking when you bring a loved one for care at the hospital or into a nursing home, only for them to suffer a severe injury or pass away due to medical negligence. Due to neglect or a lack of skill, the doctors, nurses, and other medical staff tasked with treating and safeguarding your loved one actually cause harm to them.
- Surgical mistakes
- Misdiagnosis or a missed diagnosis
- Anoxia (a lack of oxygen)
- Anesthesia errors
- Birth trauma that harms newborn babies
- Tissue or blood infections, including septicemia
- Medication errors, such as wrong medicine or dosage
- Cerebral palsy
- Abuse (a common cause of injury in nursing homes and assisted living facilities)
- Intubation negligence
- Falls resulting in head trauma
Wrongful death is defined as someone else acting recklessly, carelessly, disregarding another person’s safety, or intending to kill or harm them.
Wrongful death can be caused by but is not limited to several errors listed above.
Benefits of Hiring Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Communicating with insurers is one of the most daunting parts of making a claim. Medical Malpractice Lawyers can handle much of the interaction and advise you on what to say and what not to say.
- Addressing the never-ending paperwork filled with legal language can be very aggravating. Medical Malpractice Lawyers know the appropriate terminology, the window of time to file a claim, and how to reply to other parties’ correspondence.
- Your attorney understands the worth of a claim; on your own, you could risk entering the process with expectations that are either excessively high or, even worse, excessively low.
- Their reputation sometimes aids their ability to negotiate a reasonable settlement for you precedes them in the community. The legal team of a healthcare provider won’t intimidate Medical Malpractice Lawyers since they know how to craft a negotiation approach that will work.
- Having the capability of presenting your evidence in front of a jury or judge is crucial to the success of a claim.
- You run a significantly higher risk of committing expensive and detrimental errors if you are inexperienced with the claim submission procedures. Training on the go is not possible for someone who needs compensation for significant injuries.
- A competent lawyer appreciates that time is typical of the essence for you. To guarantee that you receive a solution in a specified time that fits your requirements, attorneys focus on keeping cases forging ahead.
- A medical malpractice claim can take a long time to prepare, from the draft phase through to completion. Therefore, you should focus on recuperation and carrying on with life.
- When you employ a lawyer, you’re also recruiting their connections, whether it’s talking to specialists in the relevant field or finding a doctor who can handle your condition.
- Going it alone in a legal situation can sometimes make you feel like you are against the entire world. If you choose the correct legal representation, you’ll be confident that you’ll always have a professional and competent ally on your side.
Medical Malpractice Attorneys For Fair Compensation and Settlements
The following are examples of economic damages that are frequently granted in a successful medical negligence lawsuit:
You are entitled to compensation for the expense of care and services related to the harm experienced. Proving to the judge that the expenses were foreseeably created by the medical provider’s negligent actions or inactions and were reasonably expected to solve the injuries.
You can claim for lost wages and future earning capacity by demonstrating the harm sustained due to the medical provider’s careless conduct or errors. Therefore, preventing you from earning the current and future income that you are now seeking through the medical malpractice lawsuit.
In successful situations, non-economic medical malpractice damages—which are often more difficult to quantify—may also be given. Medical malpractice damages include:
You may also be entitled to financial compensation for both physical and emotional suffering.
Your spouse may be entitled to compensation for the loss of marital privileges. A marriage’s emotional and intangible components, such as tenderness, sexual intimacy, comfort, and companionship, are collectively referred to as consortium.
In successful medical malpractice lawsuits, damages for disability and loss of enjoyment of life may also be granted.
Contact Medical Malpractice Lawyers Near Me – The Jones Firm
Have you or a friend even been in a situation where you felt done in by a medical staff member or situation? Not sure how to deal with it? We are here to help you. Mr. Dax Jones and his legal team understand what you are going through.
They will provide you with the information on your legal options, having legally assisted thousands of individuals with injury due to someone else’s fault.
He will meet up with you and answer any questions you might have. Have a perfect 10 AVVO Rating and are a top-rated super lawyer and top American lawyer recognition. They hold the 2020 Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished Award and have 50 Plus Five-Star Reviews. Offering a free consultation with no upfront fees. Contact us today!
Services We Offer:
- Personal Injury Lawyer
- Truck Accidents Lawyer
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Construction Accidents Lawyer
- Highway Design Defects Lawyer
- Car Accident Lawyer
- Traffic Lawyer
- Brain Injury Lawyer
- Pedestrian Accidents Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Lawyer
- Bicycle Accidents Lawyer
- Paralysis Lawyers