According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the annual spinal cord incidence is 54 cases per million people in the United States; this equals about 18 000 new spinal cord injuries each year.
If the nerves that shield the bones surrounding the spinal canal are damaged, it results in a spinal cord injury. A spinal cord injury is the costliest injury a person can suffer from. Trauma, illness, or negligent medical care are all potential causes. These may be caused by motor vehicle accidents, medical malpractice, or the like. Nonetheless, you will need a personal injury lawyer to ensure you get cord injury compensation.
Spinal cord injuries are very serious and can cause significant distress to you and your family. Our specialist spinal cord injury attorneys at The Jones Firm provide important information below that will be helpful to you and your family. You are not alone.
Types of Spinal Cord Injuries
According to the location and extent of the spinal cord damage, there are several forms of spinal cord injuries.
- Complete injury: When all function and sensation below the level of injury are lost completely.
- Incomplete injury: When some function and sensation are preserved below the degree of harm.
The following list includes the most typical spinal cord injuries:
- Quadriplegia may come from cervical injuries, which happen in the neck region (paralysis of all four limbs)
- Thoracic injuries, which affect the chest and may cause paraplegia (paralysis of the legs and lower body)
- Injuries to the lumbar and sacral regions of the lower back may cause paraplegia or a loss of function in the legs and lower body.
Spinal cord injury can also take the following forms:
- Spinal cord contusion: a bruise on the spinal cord
- Spinal cord transection: a cut or severing of the spinal cord
- Spinal cord compression: pressure on the spinal cord
The rehabilitation, care, and long-term prognosis of the individual with a spinal cord injury are all impacted by the severity, location, and type of the injury, which is significant to highlight.
Common Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries
The most common cause of spinal cord injury is trauma, which can occur because of motor vehicle accidents, falls, sports injuries, or violence.
Spinal cord injury victims may suffer complete spinal cord injury or incomplete spinal cord injury.
Personal Injury Lawsuit for Incomplete and Complete Spinal Cord Injury
Complete spinal cord injuries cause cord damage to the entire spinal cord. Whereas incomplete spinal cord injuries are localized to a specific region of the spinal cord. In both cases, the spinal cord injury victim may seek to file a spinal cord injury lawsuit for compensation to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and any other related costs.
A spinal cord injury can also be caused by other factors, such as:
As humans age, the spinal cord and associated components can degrade, resulting in cord injury.
Certain infections can cause spinal cord inflammation and swelling, leading to spinal cord injury.
Spinal cord injury occurs when tumors press against the spinal cord resulting in cord injury.
Some persons are born with spinal cord anomalies that might cause harm.
Spinal injuries can be caused by medical malpractice. Personal injury attorneys are skilled to ensure you have a favorable medical malpractice spinal cord injury case. It’s also crucial to remember that some people are more vulnerable to spinal cord injuries than others. Including older folks, persons with specific medical issues, and people who engage in particular high-risk activities like contact sports, diving, or riding motorcycles. In these cases, a spinal cord injury is more common.
How To Choose A Spinal Cord Injury Attorney?
Making the best choice possible for your case’s spinal cord injury attorney might be vital since it may influence how your case turns out and the amount of compensation you will receive. To help you find a spinal cord injury attorney, The Jones Firm has listed points for you to consider:
- Look for an experienced spinal cord injury lawyer: Look for a lawyer who has handled spinal cord injury cases and has a demonstrated track record of success.
- Examine their credentials: Examine the lawyer’s qualifications, which include their schooling, experience, and professional affiliations.
- Look for a lawyer who focuses on spinal cord injury cases: Some lawyers specialize in spinal cord injury law and may be more familiar with the unique concerns in your case.
- Schedule a free case evaluation: Make an appointment with the lawyer to discuss your case. This will allow you to ask questions and get a sense of their communication style, responsiveness, and readiness to accept your case.
- Consider their availability and communication: Ensure that the lawyer is available and eager to interact with you throughout the process and that they answer your calls and emails promptly.
- Examine their pricing structure: Discuss the price structure with the lawyer and make sure you understand all the fees related to your case and the lawyer’s services.
Remember that choosing the appropriate spinal cord injury lawyer may take some time and study, but it will be well worth it, in the end, to ensure that your legal rights are respected and that you receive compensation.
Finding the appropriate spinal cord injury attorney may take time and study, but it will be worth it in the end.
To ensure that your legal rights are respected and that you obtain the compensation you need. You are entitled to reimbursement.
Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers – The Jones Firm
The Jones Firm is a one-of-a-kind law firm established on three guiding principles: trust, service, and creativity, and strives to ensure that every client feels safe and heard.
The Jones Firm can assist you with spinal cord injuries by guiding you through the legal process of pursuing compensation for your injury’s damages. This can entail assisting you by filing personal injury claims against negligent parties, negotiating with insurance companies, and navigating the legal system to ensure their clients’ rights and best interests are protected.
Furthermore, The Jones Firm can assist people who have suffered spinal cord injuries in understanding the long-term financial and healthcare ramifications of the accident, as well as providing information on how to obtain appropriate medical care and financial support.
Life can be drastically affected by spinal cord damage, and it is crucial to have a good support network. At The Jones Firm, we are part of your support group; we work with you to improve your health and quality of life.
Spinal Cord Injury Lawsuit Representation Services
Our spinal cord injury lawyers aim to deliver that justice by representing your claim and fighting to safeguard your rights. Injury victims have options, and we’ve helped our clients recover millions of dollars.
Compensation For A Spinal Cord Injury
Compensation for a spinal cord injury can assist in covering the costs of medical treatment, rehabilitation, lost income, and other related expenses.
There are several types of compensation that may be available to individuals with spinal cord injuries:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Future expenses
- Punitive damages
The amount of compensation a person can obtain varies according to the facts of the case and the legislation of the state where the harm happened. The Jones Firm can help you understand the many sorts of compensation you may be eligible for and assist you in filing a claim for damages.
Contact a Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer – The Jones Firm
If you have suffered any spinal cord injuries and feel unsure or require guidance, contact The Jones Firm today for a free case evaluation. Contact us via our convenient online form or call our team.
Services We Offer in Bellevue
- Bellevue Personal Injury Attorney
- Bellevue Pedestrian Accident Attorney
- Bellevue Bicycle Accident Attorney
- Bellevue Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- Bellevue Trucking Accident Attorney
- Bellevue Wrongful Death Attorney
- Bellevue Traffic Violation Attorney
- Bellevue Highway Design Defects Attorney
- Bellevue Car Accident Attorney
- Bellevue TBI Attorney
- Bellevue Paralysis Lawyer
- Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- DUI Lawyer
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
- Product Liability Lawyer
- Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer