How a Burn Injury Attorney Can Help You After A Severe Accident
A burn injury is a life-altering event where you will have to endure a long recovery process. There may be permanent aesthetic or lifestyle changes you need to adapt to. The bottom line is this—if you were burned in an accident and someone else is responsible, that party needs to be held accountable for the accident.
If you’ve been hurt in a serious burn-related accident, then you need a qualified personal injury attorney right now. A burn injury lawyer will represent your best interest, build up your case, fight for your right to compensation, and make sure you get paid.
Keep reading to find out more—if you’re in Washington State and you need a burn injury attorney, contact us today.
Focus On Your Recovery While Your Burn Injury Attorney Builds Your Case
Table of Contents
Time is of the essence. But, there’s not a lot you can physically do while recovering from a severe burn accident. That’s why you want to hire a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.
Even though you’re hurt, you need to prove who is at fault for your accident. Your burn attorney will gather evidence to prove fault and show how much compensation you may be entitled to.
This evidence can include:
- Witness Statements.
- Medical Records.
- Photos of Your Burn Injuries.
- Testimony from Your Doctors.
- How/If the Party(s) Responsible Failed To Provide a Safe Environment.
- How/If the Party(s) Responsible for the Burn Accident Caused Your Injuries.
The evidence gathered by your attorney is not just for trial, but also for negotiating your burn injury settlement.
Negotiate Settlements & Don’t Get Taken Advantage Of
After your burn accident, the insurance companies and party(s) responsible may be quick to offer a cash settlement. However, they won’t be giving you the best deal, they just want to settle things quickly and move on.
Your personal injury burn lawyer will take several things into account when determining a fair value for your settlement. Some factors to consider include:
- Physical Damage from The Burns. Third degree burns melt away layers of human skin. Your skin will need to be replaced. Your body will be very sensitive to all stimulation. You will have to endure a great deal of pain during your recovery process and you deserve to be compensated for your suffering.
- Ongoing Physical Pain. Even after your body heals from a serious burn accident, you may still have residual pain long after the incident. Ask your doctor and burn injury lawyer about the long-term physical side-effects you may have, and build these consequences into your settlement value.
- Mental Side-Effects. You’re lucky to have survived a serious burn accident with your life, but you’ll still have trauma from the accident. Victims of traumatic experiences—like a serious burn accident, are predisposed to depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and a host of other mental complications. Therapy, medication, and ongoing mental health check-ins can help mitigate the mental stress caused by your accident. Factor in the costs of treatment, your mental pain, and suffering into your settlement value.
- Medical Bills. Hospital stays, medicine, and rehabilitation are just some medical expenses you’ll have to deal with after a serious burn accident. Even with the help of insurance, you’ll probably need to pay your deductible out-of-pocket. A personal injury lawyer fights to get your medical bills reimbursed as part of your burn injury lawsuit and settlement.
- Cosmetic Surgery Costs. Although it may be called cosmetic, some of these surgical procedures are necessary just for you to maintain a regular quality of life. You may need skin grafts or other cosmetic surgery to repair the damage done to your face, body, and skin. If you need reconstructive surgeries are a burn accident, make the people responsible for your injuries pay for your treatment.
- Permanent Changes in Lifestyle. If your burn injuries cause you to change the way you live the rest of your life, you’re probably entitled to greater compensation. Examples of permanent lifestyle changes are the inability to return to work, loss of motion or functionality in parts of your body, and mental/physical damage that cannot be completely fixed.
If you have to live with the results of another person’s negligence, you deserve appropriate financial compensation. If the party(s) responsible for the accident won’t offer a fair settlement, your burn injury lawyer will fight for you at trial.
When It’s Time to Settle, Your Personal Injury Attorney Makes Sure You Get Paid
Before or after trial, once you’ve reached a settlement or been awarded compensation by a judge, the defendant and/or insurance companies may try to get away without paying you. They will probably try and delay releasing funds to you.
With the help of a tenacious burn injury lawyer, you will get the compensation that you deserve. Your burn injury attorney doesn’t stop working for you until the people responsible for your accident have made good on the settlement or trial judgment.
The Jones Firm & Dax Jones, Burn Injury Lawyer in Bellevue, Washington
If you’re in Bellevue, WA, and you’ve been seriously burned in an accident, call Dax Jones, burn injury lawyer at The Jones Firm.
You need a skilled, passionate, and dedicated law firm to represent your best interests in your burn injury lawsuit. Contact us today and let’s get you the justice you deserve.