Workplace Accidents: When to Hire an Attorney
Work injuries are a much more common occurrence than many employers care to mention. As a victim who has sustained a personal injury due to a workplace accident, you want to be sure that your employer is covering your leave time, medical expenses, and therapy costs (should you need it).
There are more than a few reasons why a workplace injury might be sustained whether that be because of hazardous conditions, neglectful placement of objects in walkways, or equipment failure.
Workplace injuries fall on a wide scale in regards to severity, recovery time, and medical cost. As an injured employee, you will likely need time to recover before getting back to your usual working routine.
Full recovery is necessary if you hope to resume your normal activities and career. You should be following all orders from your doctor regarding your health. As a victim of a work injury, you should never be embarrassed to speak up about your injury or fear losing your job.
Rather, if you have been involved in a workplace accident, get legal and medical help immediately, and don’t allow others to dictate your actions regarding your health and safety.
What Is A Workplace Injury Attorney?
Table of Contents
- What Is A Workplace Injury Attorney?
- Should You Hire A Workplace Injury Attorney?
- Why You Need An Attorney
- Work With A Trusted Workplace Accident Attorney Today
A work injury attorney is one who specializes in helping injured employees receive a satisfactory amount from their employer to pay for their medical bills, lost wages, and possible therapy.
Work Injury attorneys help victims receive a just outcome for their damages if the employer or insurer is unwilling to pay for the physical damages caused to the employee.
Work Injury attorneys know how common injuries are in the workplace. They are able to take all of the evidence surrounding the accident and injury to build strong cases for their clients so that they are able to receive the compensation their injuries require for a full recovery.
Should You Hire A Workplace Injury Attorney?
There are quite a few reasons why an injured employee might seek out the services of a workplace injury attorney. Below are listed a few scenarios where a workplace accident attorney would be extremely beneficial or essential to the success of your case.
Why You Need An Attorney
- If you find that you are in a dispute with the insurance company or your employer regarding the extent of your injury. Your employer may deny or contest your injury claim, so it is essential to work with a workplace accident attorney.
- If you have been severely injured and will require extensive or permanent disability benefits, but the insurance company is disputing your legitimacy, you should hire a work injury attorney. A workplace injury attorney will be able to take all of the evidence concerning your accident and injuries and will be able to project how much you are owed in damages.
- If you have a preexisting condition that might weaken your compensation claim. Many employers or insurance companies will claim that you are faking your injuries or that you were already injured prior to your accident. A workplace accident attorney will help you prove that your preexisting condition plays no part in your compensation claim and that your injuries are substantial enough to be compensated.
- If your employer demands a compensation trial. Regardless of how serious this may seem, your compensation is at stake and you should not be left to represent yourself in such a case. As soon as a trial is discussed, contact a workplace accident attorney.
You do not want to be left to cover all of the medical expenses of an injury that was the result of negligent or intentional endangerment on the part of your employer or others.
Sustaining an injury in the workplace will remove you from your occupation for at least a short time and will require recovery time. You shouldn’t be responsible for paying medical and lost wages as a result of your injury.
If you have even the slightest suspicion that your employer or the insurance agency is going to contest or altogether deny your claim, contact a workplace attorney straight away.
Work With A Trusted Workplace Accident Attorney Today
Dax Jones, of The Jones Firm, has more than a decade of experience working in the legal field. His versatile legal skills have allowed him to take on and win many workplace accident cases for his clients.
Dax Jones has a history of success and satisfied clients and wants to be the one to help you. If you are a recent victim of a workplace accident and have sustained an injury, contact us today to schedule a free consultation.
Take control of your legal situation by working with a trusted workplace accident attorney. This will secure your future and give you confidence that your injuries and recovery will be fully compensated.
Find More Articles:
- Benefits Of Hiring A Local Auto Accident Attorney
- Brake Checking In Washington State
- Complete Overview Car Accident Lawsuits
- Types Of Car Accident Compensation