Commercial trucking accidents cause approximately 130,000 fatalities a year. Because of the size of the vehicles involved, trucking accidents can have devastating effects on a community. The truth is, it is harder to determine who is at fault during a commercial trucking accident than in a car accident. Because trucking companies are backed by experienced lawyers, it is important for every party involved to receive adequate legal representation from someone who understands the trucking industry in full. Knowing a Sammamish attorney can be useful if you find happen to get into a trucking accident.
We Are Local:
- North Bend
- King County
The Jones Firm has over ten years of experience working on commercial trucking accident cases. Dax Jones not only understands the industry, but he also has a vast number of resources that allow him to aggressively protect his clients throughout the duration of their case. If you are looking for a commercial trucking accident lawyer in the Sammamish area and want to find out more about how Dax Jones can help you, contact or call us today to book your free, no-obligation consultation.
Why it is Important to Contact a Commercial Trucking Accident Lawyer Quickly
Contacting a trucking accident lawyer as quickly as possible is important so that your lawyer can undertake his investigation at the same time as the trucking company. This will allow you to maintain a competitive edge during the case. Ultimately, there are two key reasons why you should contact a commercial trucking accident lawyer, such as Dax Jones, as quickly as possible after the accident occurs. These are:
- The insurance
- The accident investigations
The claims involved in commercial trucking accidents are extremely expensive. If the insurance company loses a case, it also loses a lot of money. For this reason, insurance carriers for trucking companies defend their cases very aggressively. Without the right representation, you will not receive the compensation you deserve for the accident.
The Accident Investigations
Trucking companies have first response teams made up of an investigator, a risk management team, and a company safety evaluator. This team arrives at the scene of the accident as quickly as possible, whether it be during the day or at night. This is to make sure that no evidence is lost and the at-fault party can be determined quickly.
Most Common Reasons for Commercial Trucking Accidents
There are many reasons commercial trucking accidents occur. These can be the fault of the trucking company, the driver, or the fault of a third party, including other drivers, animals, or debris on the road.
Some of the main reasons trucking companies are held accountable for these accidents include:
- The truck driver received the wrong or inadequate training
- The trucking company did not check the truck properly and failed to find a problem with the brakes or other parts of the vehicle
- The trucking company failed to notice problems with the tires or wheels
- The trucking company has not provided regular, quality maintenance on the vehicle
Some of the most common reasons for truck drivers being held accountable for these accidents include:
- The driver did not check his/her blind spots
- The driver did load the truck properly
- The driver did not take regular breaks and is, therefore, overtired and not focused
- The driver did not respect the highway code
- The driver was using a mobile device while driving
- The driver was under the influence of alcohol or other illegal substances while driving
- The driver was speeding
- The driver was driving recklessly or aggressively
Other common reasons for commercial trucking accidents include:
- Debris on the road
- Animals crossing the road
- Another driver committing some form of highway code crime
How Can a Commercial Trucking Accident Lawyer Help you?
A commercial trucking accident is extremely different than any other road related accident. It is crucial to find adequate representation. By hiring a commercial trucking accident lawyer, you will not have to deal with every aspect of the case on your own. In fact, you will be able to take a back seat and have the negotiating done for you.
Our lead lawyer for the past ten years, Dax Jones, has the specific knowledge required in these types of cases. Not only this, he represents you so that you can focus on your recovery rather than face trucking company insurance carriers and fill out mountains of paperwork. Dax Jones does all this on your behalf while keeping you informed of the proceedings of the case to avoid any unnecessary stress.
Services Our Trucking Accident Lawyer Provides:
Dax Jones will put together an aggressive legal case on your behalf to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. He will make sure your medical bills are paid and you receive payments for any physical and material damage. He prepares every case as if it were going to trial and is always prepared to defend your rights. Some ways in which the Jones Firm commercial truck accident lawyers can help you include:
- Offering a free, no-obligation consultation
- Representing you during phone calls and meetings with insurance companies
- Managing the legal proceedings of the case
- Running you through Independent Medical Exams (IMEs) if they are necessary for the purpose of the case
- Conducting an investigation of the scene as well as obtain statements from eyewitnesses
- Researching and analyzing all records relating to the case
- Giving you regular updates on the case so that you can take time to recover
Contact The Jones Firm Commercial Truck Accident Lawyer Today!
If you have been involved in a commercial truck accident in the Sammamish area and need legal representation for your case, contact The Jones Firm today! Dax Jones will provide you with aggressive representation to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. To book your free, no-obligation consultation.
Other Sammamish Attorney Services
- Wrongful death in Sammamish
- Construction accidents in Sammamish
- Highway design defect cases in Sammamish
- Pedestrian accidents in Sammamish
- Bicycle Accidents in Sammamish
- Traffic violations in Sammamish