Everyone speeds from time to time. Minor speeding isn’t a big deal; however, severe consequences can happen when minor traffic infractions become major offenses.
If you need an experienced Seattle traffic lawyer, look no further than The Jones Firm. We can explain your traffic violation and help you reduce its impact on your record. So if you’re searching for a “Seattle traffic ticket attorney near me,” contact us today.
We are local:
Traffic Violation Lawyers in Seattle, WA
A Seattle traffic attorney can handle serious traffic violations or contested cases. Serious violations increase fines, jail time, and license suspensions.
If you received a ticket for a serious violation, a Seattle traffic ticket attorney could help evaluate the offense. At The Jones Firm, we help you avoid conviction, retain your license, and minimize fines.
Different Traffic Violation Charges
Traffic violations fall under the Revised Code of Washington (RCW), which identifies all enforceable state laws. Violations vary in severity from speeding to driving under the influence.
The Jones Firm has skilled attorneys who can argue Seattle traffic law infractions, including:
- Speeding ticket – Driving any mile over the speed limit qualifies for a speeding ticket.
- Red light violations – Driving through an intersection after the traffic light turns red. This infraction increases the likelihood of an accident involving another driver.
- Insurance/registration issues – Expired registration could indicate the vehicle is not safe for the road or has not passed a safety inspection. Insurance is also required to protect the victims of an accident. Therefore, all drivers require up-to-date proof of insurance and registration.
- Negligent driving – Driving puts the driver at risk of an accident or injury. Careless driving includes distracted driving, swerving, cell phone use, and failing to follow basic road rules.
- Reckless driving – Driving such as super-speeding or tail-gaiting puts the driver and others at risk of injury. When reckless driving leads to the death of others, the charge can escalate to vehicular homicide.
- Defective equipment – Faulty equipment includes malfunctioning lights, turn signals, and brake lights. Faulty equipment increases the likelihood of an accident and qualifies for a ticket
Serious Traffic Offenses
Serious traffic offenses include:
- Hit and run – Fleeing or leaving the scene of an accident.
- Eluding police – Failing to stop for a police officer or involving the police in a car chase.
- Driving under the influence – Driving while impaired by alcohol or drugs.
- Vehicle racing – Racing your car in a competition or “drag race.”
- Speeding in a school zone – Putting children at risk of injury or death by speeding near a school.
- Operating with no license or a suspended license – Operating a vehicle without a license or after suspension of a license. Continuing to drive on an expired or suspended license could result in a permanent loss of driving privileges.
When contesting charges involving severe traffic violations, consult with a knowledgeable Seattle traffic ticket lawyer.
Traffic Violation Codes and Fines
The Revised Code of Washington (RCW) applies to all drivers throughout Washington.
Title 46, Chapter 61 (RCW 46.61) defines the fundamental laws, limits, and guidance.
Title 46, Chapter 63 (RCW 46.63) discusses the process of traffic offenses from initial notification to court processes and payment plans.
Several factors impact the severity of fines:
- Driving record
- Type of violation and severity
- Actions at the time the ticket was issued
Fines increase with severity. For example, speeding penalties increase with every mile over the posted limit. Combine speed with a school or construction zone infraction, and slight fee increases dramatically.
Fines likewise increase for repeat offenses. The court interprets repeat violations as a sign that the initial penalties did not adequately deter the driving misconduct.
Insurance premiums also increase with every violation. Insurance companies consider bad drivers at greater risk of causing injury to themselves or others.
Furthermore, teenage drivers are inexperienced and have stricter guidelines and penalties. As a result, two violations under the age of 18 will result in a suspended license. Additional offenses will result in the loss of driving privileges until 18.
Drivers with a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) risk losing their license when committing traffic violations. Each violation in a driving record affects a driver’s ability to get or keep a truck-driving job. Insurance companies and commercial driving companies consider such drivers a higher risk on the road.
Lastly, penalties and fines vary with additional guidelines per city or county, including Redmond.
Benefits of Hiring Our Traffic Violation Lawyers in Seattle
Before paying a traffic ticket, you should consider hiring a Seattle traffic violation lawyer. Paying off a ticket isn’t as simple as it seems. Once you pay it, you admit guilt, and the infraction becomes part of your driving record for at least three years.
You’ll benefit from contesting the ticket with a lawyer no matter the infraction. This formal request preserves your rights and allows you to argue for a lesser charge. A lawyer can also help prevent the violation from impacting your driving record.
Hiring a “Seattle ticket lawyer near me” is highly beneficial. When you hire a seasoned Seattle traffic lawyer with The Jones Firm, we represent you in court, saving you from having to appear.
You also benefit from our attorneys’ experience arguing the charges’ validity. For instance, even if you were speeding, we can dispute the accuracy of the radar equipment used. Reducing the offense can significantly mitigate your fines.
Another advantage is our experience handling repeated offender cases, severe violations, and license revocations. We can argue any or all of these penalties to avoid further impact on your record.
Hire The Jones Firm’s Professional Traffic Violation Lawyer in Seattle, WA
The Jones Firm is a full-service law firm providing trusted and reliable service. We are client-focused and fight for your rights while striving for an optimal outcome.
Seattle traffic lawyers with The Jones Firm are available 24 hours a day to handle emergencies and argue violations on your behalf. We save you time and money by minimizing your penalties and protecting your driving privileges. To us, no offense is too small if it means keeping the infraction off your record.
To find a qualified “Seattle traffic lawyer near me,” contact The Jones Firm. To schedule an appointment with a Seattle traffic lawyer today.
Services We Offer in Seattle:
- Seattle Construction Accident Attorneys
- Seattle Highway Design Defect Attorneys
- Seattle Car Accident Attorneys
- Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Seattle
- Bicycle Accident Attorneys in Seattle
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Seattle
- Seattle Bicycle Accident Lawyer