North Bend Motorcycle Accident Attorney
For more than a decade, Dax Jones has been helping people who have been injured in motorcycle accidents in North Bend. As a personal injury attorney, Dax helps people reclaim their property damages and resolve the personal injury expenses that often accompany a motorcycle accident.
When you’ve been in a motorcycle accident, you need time to focus on healing and getting your life back together. Dax a North Bend attorney focuses on learning all the intricate details of your case so that he can attend all of the legal proceedings and provide you with excellent representation while you focus on your recovery.
Motorcycle Accidents in North Bend
Motorcycle riding is not only a popular sport for touring and sightseeing, but many people also use motorcycles as their main mode of transportation in Washington. The ease of driving motorcycles and fuel economy of motorcycles vs. driving a car is an advantage – in fact, there are over four million motorcycles legally registered here in the United States.
However, the sad fact is that 80% of all accidents that involve a motorcycle result in serious bodily injury or death to the rider. When the accidents are proven to be due to rider negligence, the most common causes are:
- driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- failure to wear the proper gear such as helmets and accident resistant clothing
- failure to follow the road laws in Washington
Negligence By Other Drivers in Motorcycle Accidents
Nonetheless, you might be surprised to find out that negligence on the part of the other motorist, not the motorcyclist, is actually the more common cause of an accident. Motorists often fail to see motorcycle drivers because they are not actively looking for them, and when they do see them it is often too late to avoid hitting them. Some of the reasons a driver may needlessly collide with a driver include:
- Distracted driving (checking cell phone, texting, loud music, earbuds in while driving)
- Intoxication (drugs, both illegal and prescription and alcohol)
- Failure to yield right of way
- Road rage
- Illegal lane changes
- Failure to heed traffic signal
- Turning into the path of a motorcycle
- Defective equipment
- Poorly maintained roads
Receive Compensation for Motorcycle Accident-Related Medical Expenses
Even with helmets and protective clothing, motorcycle accidents are often very serious. Even a low-speed collision can result in serious injuries or even death, due to the impact a body takes when hit or ejected off the bike.
If you have been in a motorcycle accident, you are probably facing expensive medical treatment and a loss of income. Even after recovery, you may need additional surgeries, physical therapy, or may have limited mobility as a result of the accident.
The Jones Firm knows that the ramifications of any motorcycle accident can be serious and long-lasting, and we are here to help anyone who has suffered from an injury or anyone who has lost a loved one as a result of a motorcycle accident. You must act quickly to protect your rights, and Dax Jones is the skilled attorney that you need.
Dax Jones office will set you up with a no-obligation consultation, during which he will be able to ascertain if you qualify for a personal injury claim. Then Dax will lead you through how the process works, including any problems that could arise such as dealing with traffic laws, license or motor vehicle registration problems, and the liability determinations in the state.
Steps to Take Following a Motorcycle Accident
If you are involved in a motorcycle accident, the following steps are important to take. Following each one of these will provide us with the best foundation for your personal injury case:
- Remain at the scene of the accident. Do not leave or accept cash to settle the matter.
- Contact 911 or have someone on the scene call on your behalf if you are unable to make the call.
- When the police arrive, make sure that a police report is filed and that you receive a copy.
- No matter how minor the accident seems, seek medical attention. Some injuries manifest themselves hours or days after an accident and if you have refused medical treatment it may hurt your case.
- Get the name, phone number and insurance info from anyone involved in the accident.
- Get the names and cell phone numbers of any witnesses at the scene.
- Contact your insurance agent or company to report your accident. If you are able, take photos of the scene with your cell phone.
- Contact The Jones Firm for more information on how to secure experienced North Bend attorney Dax Jones.
Contact a Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Dax Jones has outstanding reviews that prove his reputation as a qualified motorcycle accident attorney in North Bend is unmatched. Dax will put your needs first and go the extra mile for you, meeting you wherever it’s convenient for you in King, Snohomish, and Pierce counties. Contact us online to schedule a free consultation with Dax Jones.