Do I need a Seattle car accident lawyer if I’ve been involved in a collision?
Individuals that have been involved in a car accident should always seek out legal counsel from a car injury attorney regardless of who was at fault for the collision.
Because the ramifications of being involved in a collision often come with steep time investment and financial burden, it’s always best practice to enlist the help of a skilled car crash attorney when navigating the legal system surrounding car accidents.
To learn more about car accident lawsuits or how a car wreck lawyer can assist you, continue reading or get in touch with The Jones Firm’s attorney services to schedule a consultation at a trusted Seattle law firm.
How to Find a Seattle Car Accident Lawyer
Dax Jones is a seasoned car wreck attorney with years of experience fighting for victims of collision-caused injuries. The Founder and Managing Attorney at The Jones Firm, Dax Jones, has served countless victims as they pursue compensation and justice for their injuries.
Dax Jones has been licensed for 18 years and, during that time, has established himself as a trustworthy car accident injury lawyer in Seattle and the surrounding area. If you need the services of a seasoned Seattle car accident lawyer, The Jones Firm is here to help.
Areas We Serve:
Types of Car Accidents in Seattle
Seattle is a moderately hilly city — making navigating the city more complicated than it would otherwise be. While drivers may do their best to avoid collisions, car accidents are sometimes unavoidable due to several factors. Even the most careful, law-abiding drivers have the potential to be involved in car collisions.
Six of the most common types of car accidents include:
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- T-bone and cross-traffic accidents
- Low-speed accidents
- Sideswipe accident
- Single-vehicle crashes
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Seattle, WA
The cause and manner of a car accident will directly affect which driver is perceived as at fault and consequently whose insurance is affected (along with other liabilities and ramifications).
While accidents may occur for an infinite number of reasons, some of the most common causes of car accidents in Seattle include:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol (including prescription medication).
- Speeding and reckless driving (including tailgating, cutting other cars off, weaving in and out of traffic, etc.).
- Distracted driving (driving while eating, drinking, doing makeup, or texting).
- Poor weather conditions.
- Nighttime driving.
- Not adhering to traffic rules.
- Teenage or senior drivers.
- Driving the wrong direction down a one-way street.
- Intersection collisions.
Common Types of Injury From Car Accidents
Car accidents may result in several injuries, temporary, chronic, severe, and mild. No victim of a car collision caused by another driver should be expected to pay for their medical expenses, suffer lost wages, or endure the onset of chronic conditions.
Due to the severe and lasting nature of many car accident-related injuries, it’s essential to work with a Seattle car accident lawyer in pursuing compensation.
11 common car accident injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries and concussions
- Brain damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back injuries (chronic back pain, herniated disks, etc.)
- Burns, bruises, and skin lacerations
- Internal injuries (such as internal bleeding)
- Fractures and broken bones
- Permanent disfigurement and scarring
- Limb loss and amputation
Benefits of Hiring a Car Accident Attorney in Seattle
Working through a legal case on your own is stressful, lengthy, and often unsatisfactory. To avoid potentially damaging pitfalls as you pursue compensation for your injuries, it’s wise to partner with a team of car injury attorneys.
Eight of the top benefits of working with a seasoned attorney include:
- Working with an attorney will ensure that you don’t settle too early.
- A lawyer works with other experts to ensure that all aspects of your injury are considered in the settlement number.
- An attorney can guide you to avoid potentially saying or doing anything that could harm your case (these often include giving statements or posting on social media about the collision).
- Seasoned attorneys aren’t phased by common scare or intimidation tactics brought by the opposing side.
- Attorneys know how to dig and collect all the information and evidence relevant to your case.
- Lawyers are skilled at building and creating a compelling case that helps clients get the best outcomes.
- Seattle car accident lawyers understand how to determine and prove fault in an accident.
- Partnering with an attorney takes the legal stress off of your shoulders so that you can focus on what matters most — recovery.
Types of Compensation, a Car Injury Lawyer, Can Help You Claim
The types of compensation that a car accident victim may claim may depend on the circumstances of the collision and which driver is perceived to be at fault.
Four of the most common types of compensation claimed by victims of car accidents include:
- Medical costs. Victims are often eligible to receive reimbursement for any medical expenses incurred as a result of the accident. Things like hospitalization, surgery, physical therapy, emergency care, and medication may be reimbursed.
- Lost earnings. Most victims are unable to work for days, weeks, or even months following the accident. For this reason, victims may be able to claim compensation for wages lost during their recovery period.
- Pain and suffering. Physical and emotional, though complicated to calculate, are valid and deserving of compensatory recognition. Working with a car accident attorney will ensure that pain and suffering damages are accounted for in the settlement.
- Punitive damages. This type of compensation is fairly rare among auto accident cases. These damages may be awarded if it is clear, undeniable gross negligence on the other driver’s part or they show that they intended to cause harm to the other driver.
Partner With a Trusted Seattle Car Accident Law Firm Today
If you are ready to take control of your legal situation, get in touch with The Jones Firm today. Our leading attorney, Dax Jones, is ready to help you make sense of your legal circumstances and pursue compensation for your damages.
At The Jones Firm, we offer a first-time consultation (free of charge) for new clients to help them see if our firm is a good fit for their needs. Get in touch to schedule your initial consultation and get the ball rolling on the legal process that’s ahead.
Services We Offer in Seattle: