Suffering an injury due to a motorized vehicle can result in broken bones, long-term physical damage, and even death.
If you know someone who has recently become the victim of a pedestrian accident, continue reading to learn what next steps to take next or get in touch with The Jones Firm to schedule a consultation with an experienced pedestrian accident lawyer.
What Do Pedestrian Accident Lawyers Do?
Pedestrian accident attorneys are responsible for handling personal injury claims relating to pedestrian and vehicle accidents.
Due to the severity of the injuries that pedestrians can sustain if they are struck by a vehicle, it’s essential for all victims of pedestrian accidents to have a seasoned pedestrian accident lawyer on their side during the ensuing legal process.
Pedestrian accident attorneys are well-versed in traffic law and understand all the legalities and traffic implications that play a part in determining the settlement outcome of the injured pedestrian.
Pedestrian accident lawyers also work with insurance agencies and collect evidence in order to establish who was at fault for the accident.
Benefits Of Partnering With Pedestrian Accident Law Firms
What are the advantages of partnering with a pedestrian accident law firm during the legal process?
Reasons you need a lawyer during a pedestrian accident case include:
- Pedestrian accident attorneys help establish who is at fault for the accident.
- Accident attorneys take into account all of the factors that contribute to the final settlement number. They consider present and future medical expenses, time taken off of work, pain and suffering, etc.
- Pedestrian accident lawyers ensure that the case is brought to the speediest resolution possible.
- Partnering with a lawyer ensures that the legal stress is taken off of the shoulders of the victim so that they can devote their energy to recovery.
- Pedestrian accident attorneys are needed in order to protect the current and future financial wellbeing of the victim.
- Working with an accident attorney ensures that you have someone who knows how to talk with insurance adjusters and others involved in the case. Attorneys understand what to say and what not to say while a pedestrian accident case is underway.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
What are some of the most common causes of pedestrian accidents?
Some of the typical culprits of pedestrian accidents include:
- Distracted or negligent driving
- Failure to obey traffic lights or signals
- Poor road lighting
- Poor weather conditions
- Failure to look before driving over a crosswalk
Common Injuries That Pedestrians Sustain
The range of injuries that a pedestrian may suffer from vary dramatically. They can be extremely severe or appear benign.
Regardless of how seemingly mild your injuries may seem, it’s essential to still pursue financial compensation for medical expenses as injuries can become more serious than they at first appear.
Some common injuries sustained by pedestrians include:
- Broken bones
- Deep bruising
- Skin lacerations
- Traumatic brain injuries and concussions
- Back and neck injuries
Costs That Injured Pedestrians Should Be Compensated For
Suffering a pedestrian injury can result in a high number of costs that a victim shouldn’t be expected to pay for.
Some of the costs that injured pedestrians often find themselves facing include:
- Ambulance costs
- Emergency room costs
- Medical bills (physical therapy, rehabilitative care, doctor visits, chiropractor visits, etc.)
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, anxiety, PTSD, etc.
- Temporary or permanent physical impairment
- Skin grafting costs
- Loss of mobility
- Loss of enjoyment from life
- Lost wages (present and future)
- Loss of companionship (family members of the victim may request compensation for this if their loved one sustains a TBI that changes their personality)
Tips For Injured Pedestrians
In order to avoid mistakes that could diminish your chances of receiving fair compensation for your injuries, here are four helpful tips:
- Avoid posting on social media about the accident
- Avoid talking with anyone who is not your lawyer about the case
- Get in contact with a pedestrian accident attorney as soon as you can after the accident
- See a doctor immediately and have them provide you with medical documentation for your injuries
Contact Our Pedestrian Injury Lawyer Today
If you are ready to get the legal assistance that your situation requires and deserves, get in touch with The Jones Firm today.
Dax Jones, Managing Attorney and Founder of The Jones Firm, has been working with victims of pedestrian accidents for the past decade. He possesses the experience, empathy, and expertise to assist victims of personal injuries in pursuing just compensation for their injuries.
To schedule a consultation with our pedestrian injury attorney, get in touch with The Jones Firm today.
We are local:
King County Areas Of Practice:
- Truck Accident Attorneys
- Catastrophic Injury Attorneys
- Construction Accident Injury Attorneys
- Car Accident Attorneys
- Bicycle Accident Injury Attorneys