Although Issaquah is a small city, pedestrian accidents are a common sight. Pedestrians are exposed to danger because they share the streets with cars, taxis, motorcycles, trucks, buses, and other vehicles. The vehicles are usually operated by drivers who refuse to observe or follow road rules. In other cases, the drivers get distracted and don’t pay attention to stop signs, crosswalks, stop lights, causing a collision that can result in severe injuries with for pedestrians. If you have been in an accident, make sure to contact an Issaquah attorney to help fight your case.
Dax Jones is an experienced pedestrian accident attorney in Issaquah and has more than 10 years of experience working with victims in King, Pierce, and Snohomish Counties. Dax handles every aspect of his client’s pedestrian accident claim, providing one-to-one attention and regular updates on your case.
Who Qualifies as a Pedestrian?
By way of legal definition, pedestrians include walkers, skaters, rollerbladers, and bicyclists. The same principle applies to all of them, so if they are involved in an accident, they are all equally eligible for personal injury claims.
We are local:
Issaquah Areas Of Practice:
- Issaquah Personal Injury Attorneys
- Traffic Violation Attorneys Issaquah
- Issaquah Bicycle Accident Attorneys
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Issaquah
- Issaquah Commercial Trucking Accident Attorneys
- Wrongful Death Attorneys Issaquah
- Issaquah Highway Design Defect Attorneys
What Can I Do If I’m Injured in a Pedestrian-Auto Accident In Issaquah?
Contrary to popular belief, injured joggers, runners, skateboarders, and cyclist have many options if they are involved in an auto-pedestrian accident. Many people believe the only options is health insurance, but that is not true. There are plenty of possible scenarios where pedestrians injured in Issaquah can take legal action. Here’s a quick overview:
Scenario #1: Motorist Has PIP Coverage on His Auto Policy
The motorist who was involved in the collision has an insurance policy with personal injury protection (PIP). In this case, you can access the policy to claim compensation for all current and future medical treatment that you’ve sustained as a result of the accident.
Scenario #2: Motorist Does Not Have PIP, But You Have PIP or Uninsured Motorist Coverage Through Your Insurance
If the motorist does not have PIP, you may turn to your own insurance policy. If your insurance policy has PIP or uninsured motorist coverage, then it can provide the coverage necessary to cover medical expenses you sustained from the auto-pedestrian accident.
Scenario #3: Neither You Nor the Motorist Has PIP or Uninsured Motorist Coverage on Your Policies, But You Have Health Insurance
If you did not choose PIP or uninsured motorist coverage, and the driver or car that hit you doesn’t have PIP, you will have to turn to your own health insurance to cover medical expenses.
Scenario #4: Motorist Does Not Have PIP, and You Don’t Have Uninsured Motorist Coverage or Health Insurance
If neither you nor the motorist selected PIP or uninsured motorist coverage, and you don’t have health insurance, you will have to cover medical expenses out of your own pocket. In this case, there will be no party with whom you can file the personal injury claim with.
Compensation for a Pedestrian Accident
Unfortunately, there are thousands of individuals who don’t receive the compensation they deserve to pay for their medical treatment and other losses. This is often due to misconceptions and unwarranted fears about personal injury claims. At The Jones Firm, we have handled thousands of auto-pedestrian accidents in Issaquah, and we have encountered many unwarranted fears.
The most common are:
- Afraid of the complexity of the legal system — This fear may be warranted if the injured party wants to handle all personal injury proceedings themselves. However, if you choose to work with an experienced attorney like Dax Jones, he will handle all legal proceedings, paperwork, phone calls, and other tasks that need to be carried out. Our clients are always delighted and surprised with how easy it is to file a personal injury claim with The Jones Firm. More importantly, they are almost always awarded significantly more monetary compensation for their injuries.
- Afraid of being seen as ‘weak’ — Hardworking men and women that are used to brushing off bruises are usually held back by this fear. Bravery is admirable, however, discrediting the pain you feel from your injuries can result in significant, permanent damage that is not always immediately apparent. Having the right treatment will help prevent future health issues from arising. The wisest thing to do after you are involved in an auto-pedestrian accident is to get examined and follow treatment for the injuries you sustain.
Fear that filing a personal injury claim will put then on the insurance company ‘watch list’ — The individual that was not responsible for the auto-pedestrian accident will not experience any unfairly raised insurance rates. After all, insurance companies understand accidents can happen, and if a pedestrian is not at fault in the accident, they will not be penalized for its occurrence.
Best Results for Pedestrian Accident Victims In Issaquah
Dax Jones has more than 10 years of experience working with auto-pedestrian accident victims in Issaquah. He has handled thousands of cases and has helped victims and their families through the ordeal that follows a collision. His mission is to get the best possible result for clients who have been injured in Issaquah.
Walkers, skateboarders, rollerbladers, and even children are unfairly blamed for accidents, The Jones Firm is here to help them defend their rights. Our lead attorney Dax Jones pursued every detail in a case, presenting all the facts to make sure the responsible party is held accountable.
Issaquah Pedestrian Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one has been involved in an auto-pedestrian accident, contact The Jones Firm to schedule a free consultation today. Dax Jones meets with his clients wherever and whenever it’s most convenient for his clients in King, Snohomish, and Pierce Counties. The initial consultation is not limited to 30 minutes like most law firms. Reach us by filling out our online contact form. Contact us today!