Bicyclists that are traveling to the grocery, doing errands, or going to work are common in North Bend. Cycling helps you stay fit and reduces your carbon footprint; however, with motorized vehicles and bikes sharing the North Bend roads, issues are certain to arise.
Unfortunately, the exercise and feel-good experience of riding a bike around town can come screeching to a halt due to a collision with an automobile. With only a helmet for protection, cyclists usually suffer the brunt of injuries and fatalities in these types of collisions. Bicyclists can also become an easy target for blame by the motorist’s car insurance company. By keeping a North Bend attorney ready to call, if you were to get in an accident can eliminate some of your stress after an accident.
North Bend Areas Of Practice:
- Wrongful Death Attorneys North Bend
- Construction Accidents Attorneys North Bend
- Highway Design Defect Attorneys North Bend
- Car Accidents Attorneys North Bend
- Traffic violations Attorneys North Bend
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys North Bend
- Truck Accident Attorneys North Bend
- Pedestrian Accident Attorneys North Bend
Bicyclist Accidents in North Bend
At The Jones Firm, our mission involves bringing professional expertise and compassionate representation to your case in North Bend. Attorney Dax Jones believes in uncovering truth and accuracy to ensure the responsible party fully pays for the damages they’ve made. Dax evaluates details, hires experts, gathers medical documentation, talks to witnesses, and investigates the accident as your staunch advocate throughout the claims process.
When Bikes and Autos Collide in North Bend
Bicycle-automobile accidents have several common causes in North Bend.
- Vehicles entering the bike lane
- Motorists turning before seeing a bicycle
- Drivers running red lights or speeding
- Improper attention to bicycles in crosswalks
- Poor road conditions
- Defective bike parts
When these accidents happen, The Jones Firm uses its experience to ensure that bicyclists receive rightful compensation for their injuries. Unfortunately, bicyclists often suffer life-altering or painful injuries as a result of these types of accidents, such as:
- Brain and other head injuries
- Spinal and back injuries
- Broken or severed limbs
- Road rash
- Resulting infections
Options for the Injured North Bend Cyclist
Personal injury claims are not one-size-fits-all. In North Bend, several options exist for injured bicyclists to seek personal compensation. One side note: At-fault cyclists are not eligible for medical compensation per Washington state law.
Consider the following four scenarios when filing a personal injury claim in North Bend:
- At-fault motorists who carry personal injury protection coverage (PIP) on their insurance plan offer cyclists access to a policy that covers medical expenses and other monetary losses.
- Riders injured by a non-PIP driver access uninsured motorist coverage or PIP (if they elected these insurance policies) to provide medical coverage as well as general and special damage compensation.
- In the event that neither party has PIP coverage and the cyclist did not retain uninsured motorist coverage, individual health insurance plans cover medical treatments.
- Finally, if PIP, uninsured motorist coverage, and health coverage do not exist, the cyclist is on his or her own to pay for medical expenses.
The Best Outcomes for Injured Clients
With over 10 years of experience in bicycle accident claims, The Jones Firm helps North Bend victims and their families through the difficulties of personal injury litigation. As an ally by your side, Dax Jones strives to alleviate the stress of the claims process.
Working on behalf of the North Bend client, he seeks the best possible results in terms of compensation and care. Dax helps allay your fears through several processes:
- Handling legal procedures, paperwork, calls, conversations with doctors, insurance companies and other parties as necessary.
- Assuring victims that pursuing a claim is not a sign of weakness nor does it indicate an intention to extort money or “work” the system.
- Bringing understanding to the process and debunking the myths of insurance penalties for filing a claim.
Finally, The Jones Firm knows the details needed to file and get a favorable decision on your case. Better yet, Dax Jones understands how to get that information. He does the digging and the hard work for you.
Contact The Jones Firm Today
Get answers to questions concerning your bike’s collision with a vehicle in North Bend by contacting The Jones Firm. Unlike many other firms, the initial consultation is free and you are not limited to just 30 minutes. Schedule your free consultation, and Dax Jones will meet with you at your convenience. Contact the Jones Firm today!